Working with Young People at Risk of Exploitation (Day 2)
Why is the BHSCP providing this course?
Day Two of our Exploitation sessions is a joint enterprise between the BHSCP, The WISE Project and Sussex Police. It will build on the key points explored in our Day 1 awareness course and provide workers with the confidence and skills to work with young people around issues relating to exploitation. The day will include a very brief review of the key messages from the basic training therefore this course is only appropriate for those who have previously completed our Day One training.
This course explores ways of working directly with young people around exploitation in more detail and encourages familiarisation with the resources available, with an enhanced focus on online safety and police disruption techniques. You will find out about the outline of the local picture of exploitation and look at with recommendations from national serious case reviews around CSE. We will also look at best practice in working with children who are vulnerable to Child Criminal Exploitation, and being drawn into County Lines activities.
Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child or young person where there are safeguarding concerns.
- Review of vulnerabilities and risk indicators
- Improve skills in working directly with young people about CSE related issues
- Develop an understanding of online risk, the reasons why young people might be vulnerable and ways they can protect themselves
- Understand the work Sussex Police undertake to disrupt the exploitation of young people in Brighton & Hove as part of the multiagency team, and how to report CSE to them
- How to get support for young people who are exploited
- Be aware of Sexual Offences Act 2003 and other relevant legislation and guidance
To book a place on our safeguarding training use the Brighton & Hove Learning Gateway.
For support or enquiries about using the gateway please call 01273 291460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training is free for Children’s Services staff, school staff, foster carers, community/voluntary sector groups, BHCC contracted organisations in Children’s Services, statutory health organisations, police and probation and all early years (including private early years) who are working in Brighton & Hove. For private organisations and those working outside the city the cost is £120.