Adultification: Addressing Barriers to Safeguarding Children Effectively & Appropriately
This 3 hour webinar is for frontline professionals to consider unconscious bias and stereotypes and how to address them within ourselves as well as challenge them. The adultification of children will be explored, as well as victim blaming language, the importance of using the correct terminology and understand challenges faced by Black, Asian and Minorities Ethnic Communities
- Identify Adultification and how this presents itself in practice.
- Recognise the challenges faced by Black, Asian and Minorities Ethnic Communities (BAME).
- Demonstrate an awareness of communication/Language & Terminology & Victim Blaming and the effect this has on children and young people.
- Recognise the importance of establishing anti-racist & anti-discriminatory practices within your safeguarding role.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Unconscious Bias/Stereotypes (how to address them within ourselves and challenge them).
- The Adultification of Children and how this affects their journey.
- Identify challenges faced by Black, Asian and Minorities Ethnic Communities.
- Communication/Language & Terminology & Victim Blaming.
- Establishing anti-racist & anti-discriminatory practices.