Why is the BHSCP providing this course?
This training focuses on the particular issues around working with the adolescents and their families, looking at how support and intervention can be offered. It will consider the local service provision, including the adolescent Social Work Pod, and how this impacts on the safeguarding of young people in Brighton & Hove. There will be input from various professionals, considering aspects of adolescent attachment & neglect, risky behaviour and vulnerability to exploitation, and diversion methods to avoid young people moving into the criminal justice system
Members of staff, who work predominantly with children, young people and their families, parents or carers, and who could potentially contribute to the assessment, intervention and reviewing the safeguarding needs for a child or young person, where there are safeguarding concerns, and or potential risks.
- During this session you will:
- Consider the local issues relating to safeguarding adolescents.
- Explore the concept of adolescent thinking and attachment.
- Think about how to engage/interact with an adolescent service user.
- Consider how young people are drawn into criminality, and how they could be steered away from this path.
- Discuss safety in the digital world; sexting, cyber bullying, pornography, illegal images.
To book a place on our Safeguarding Training or for support or enquiries, please email BHSCP@brighton-hove.gov.uk
Training is free for Children’s Services staff, school staff, foster carers, community/voluntary sector groups, BHCC contracted organisations in Children’s Services, statutory health organisations, police and probation and all early years (including private early years) who are working in Brighton & Hove. For private organisations and those working outside the city the cost is £120.