BHSCP Bulletins and Newsletters
Our newsletters contain information for professionals who work with children, young people, families, communities, and the public. This includes updates on national policy, developments in safeguarding, and learning from national serious case reviews, as well as more local news and information. If you have any comments, or would like to suggest future topics please email BHSCP@Brighton-Hove.gov.uk.
If you want to be kept up to date with BHSCP News by receiving our newsletters then please email BHSCP@brighton-hove.gov.uk
Our bulletins explore an area of concern from the BHSCP priorities in further depth.
See some of our previous bulletins here:
- Professional Curiosity Bulletin. Published in January 2017
- Neglect Bulletin: looking at the signs and risk factors around neglect and its effect on children & young people. Published in February 2016
- Self Harm Bulletin: this bulletin will help you spot the signs and respond appropriately to support young people who are self-harming. Includes an update on local work to deal with this concerning issue and signposts to national support. Published in June 2015.
- Child Sexual Abuse Bulletin: focusing on how agencies are working together across the city to stop this abuse, learn how to spot the signs, and discover where to access help and support. Published in November 2014.
- Young Carers Bulletin: produced with Brighton & Hove Young Carers Project for Carers Week in June 2014.
You can also view our latest news, catch up with Safety Rocks, our newsletter for parents, or read our Professionals Briefings which are designed to share learning from audits with frontline staff. To discover what was discussed at the main BHSCP Board and Steering Group meetings read our Minutes and Briefings and don’t forget to follow us on twitter @BrightonHoveSCP.